Memory Care Unit at BNRC utilizes the Hand in Hand Program to Specialized Care
The Cornerstone of Bangor Nursing and Rehabilitation Center is to passionately provide exceptional care with dignity and compassion; a committment to making a difference in people's lives. People living with and affected by Dementia will receive outstanding care in a safe supportive environment, promoting health, independence and social interaction.
Fulfilling lives with helping hands.
The Hand In Hand Program (HCP) at BNRC provides each resident an optimal level of emotional, physical and cognitive well-being. We are committed to making a difference in each resident's life through best practices staff training in care delivery in an environment that enhances long term memories, stimulates cognition and enhances habilitation.
Criteria for Admission:
- Primary Diagnosis of Alzheimer's Disease or related Dementia
- Stable Medical Condition
- Functional Status allows some participation of activies of daily living
- Psychosocial needs are generally greater than nursing needs
- Resident would benefit from specialized environment
- Behaviors/behaviorial symptoms are within the scope and safety of the Memory Care Unit
- Resident is able to participate and benefit from activity programming